Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Single Man

Last night I saw A Single Man (after a very strong martini and very garlicky hummus at Westside Tavern). I liked it much more than I thought I would. Unsurprisingly, it is very stylish and nice to look at; surprisingly (to me), it moved right along and wasn't too opaque or allegorical or boring. At 99 minutes long, it is my ideal movie length (a key reason why I rarely go to the movies).

One particularly enjoyable aspect of this film is that everyone is so attractive. In particular, there are many handsome young men in this film. The most off-the-charts smoldering is Jon Kortajarena (he is 24 years old, dear Lord).



And the sad sack from About a Boy is all grows up (his name is Nicholas Hoult)!

I think a few scenes were shot at Chez Jay (my dad parked cars there in the 60s, and will gladly tell you about it).

Then I watched the last episode of Conan and cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment