Monday, March 8, 2010

Mozza, Gjelina, and Scoops: highs and lows of what I ate this weekend

  • Friday night we had dinner at Pizzeria Mozza, which is always great (though the fennel sausage pizza after two orders of meatballs is probably pork product overload).
  • Saturday morning was brunch at Gjelina, which has a fun vibe despite the host's oversized bow tie. The food is good but portions are small and I resent being required to order sides with brunch. One plate should suffice at this time of day.
  • Saturday afternoon interlude: hot dogs. No words.
  • Sunday after a walk in Griffith Park we went to Scoops for exotic ice cream. THEY HAD ZERO ICE CREAM LEFT IN THE STORE. None. They were open, it was regular business hours, and they had totally sold out of everything. Rethink your business model and call me when you have a better inventory management process in place.
  • Sunday night: Elizabeth helped me prepare this delicious salad with arugula, mushrooms, pine nuts, shallots and parmesan. I can't believe I am saying this but I bet an addition of prosciutto or pancetta would not hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment