Monday, October 3, 2011

One Pot Kale and Quinoa Pilaf and Fraudulent Cabbage

Lisa is always singing the praises of Food52 but I have never really gotten into it. The homepage is too cluttered for me, and I am generally satisified by SK and BA. But I was looking for some low-carb, vegetarian (read: no pasta) inspiration and decided to make Suspiciously Delicious Cabbage and One Pot Kale and Quinoa Pilaf. I love love loved the kale/quinoa and would make it again a thousand times (adding more lemon juice and zest to suit personal preference). The cabbage came out very bland, and I can't tell if I made a mistake or if one man's suspicially delicious is my boring. Maybe both are true! I filled that void with more kale fried up with pancetta so I still came out on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment