Monday, June 7, 2010

LCD Soundsystem Friday June 4 2010 at Hollywood Palladium



This show was so much fun! I danced and sweat and ran into a lot of friends and even my boss. My memories of seeing LCD previously (at the Avalon in 2006 and at Coachella in 2007) are a little hazy, so I wasn't sure what to expect.

Crowd energy was good, sound was decent (I didn't use earplugs the whole time, which means that a lot of people probably found the sound to be lacking), and the Palladium ceiling is no longer caving in; on the whole, it was a great time, despite having to miss DJMG at the Mandrake. The internet says this is James Murphy's last tour as/with LCD Soundsystem, and I am glad I was there for a piece of it.

Holy Ghost as opener was good. Nice to hear their live set.


Complaints: line for drinks was unconscionable, and I didn't get to hear So You Wanted a Hit or Dance Yrself Clean.

Elsewhere in town, Local Natives were at the Troubadour that night:

No comments:

Post a Comment