Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cover It Live

I am a reader of online chats. I do not participate in them, but I enjoy getting the author's personal take on a subject, or some expert analysis. It is also fun to see what kind of questions come from the general (read: wackadoodle) population.

But the world of online chats has been invaded by an innocent-looking menace: Cover It Live software. I have no idea if this software/program offers a benefit to publications, but as a reader I really don't like looking at it. For example, this LAT chat on yoga and this NYer chat with David Brooks both use Cover It Live. This NYer chat doesn't. I think CIL makes the page harder to navigate, and is not nice to look at (and occasionally won't allow you to keep the chat window open after you navigate away from the page). Am I just a Luddite (yes)? Am I missing some great benefit?

No comments:

Post a Comment