Monday, January 3, 2011

Lasagna on NYE

I rang in the last full night of 2010 with three types of lasagna (all from Epicurious):
The mushroom lasagna created the most crowd reaction. It is hard to find vegetarian recipes that satisfy meat-eaters, so I was impressed with the results, despite the fact that the recipe is pretty time consuming and led to a mini-breakdown on my part. I avoided a problem I experienced with my previous white lasagna endeavor (too dry) by leaving the cooked noodles in water until arranging the lasagna. The bechamel is also tremendously buttery, which helped keep it moist as well.

The other lasagnas were tasty and pretty easy. I would make all of them again, probably saving the mushroom recipe for special occasions or days when I have a lot of free time and don't mind pulsing two pounds of white mushrooms in a food processor.

No comments:

Post a Comment