Thursday, August 20, 2009

Jenny Sanford in Vogue incurs wrath of LAT commentariat



I am not sure what is the best or most correct way to handle yourself in public after your public husband has a very public affair. Silence in the vein of Silda Wall Spitzer, take it to 60 Minutes like HRC, or pour your heart out in Vogue like Jenny Sanford? I hope I never have to choose for myself.

But oh my, do those nuts in the LA Times comments section have something to say to Jenny! They think she reacted inappropriately (or wrongly?).

They call her a frigid bitch:
“As for Mrs. Sanford - why be satisfied with tanking her husband's career when full-blown character assassination is so much more thorough. Far easier to say her husband is an addict, than admit perhaps he's been looking for something a little less sterile than cameraderie in a mate.”
Boring, or not deserving of love or fidelity without love:
“He fell out of love with you, Jenny. You just refuse to face reality!”
And, a lunatic:
“Who's more delusional - Mr. or Mrs. Sanford?”

Though I sometimes find myself wondering about the issue presented by this commenter:
“have 4 friends who've gone thru this mid-life crisis. None of them saw it coming. Why? Because they were so busy, working so hard to take care of everyone besides themselves. And their husbands had enough time to think about other things … I tell my daughter "never give up your career, no matter how much pressure and guilt he puts on you". This is the womens problem today. We're torn between our kids and our survival. We give it all up for love.”

Also, it took me a second to register that the picture of Jenny Sanford accompanying the LAT article was not airbrushed; that’s why she looks like a middle-aged woman who has spent time in the sun and not a baby tushy. She looks mildy hot in the Vogue pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment