Thursday, October 1, 2009

I am embarassed to be a woman

When I first read this line from this article, I thought the guy sounded like an indiot.

“Now that the technology is more mainstream, women are quickly embracing the benefits as ‘connected consumers,’ tapping the convenience of Web access on mobile phones to network, browse the latest shopping deals and get ideas for dinner, all while on the go.”

Who uses their phone's internet browser to search for the latest shopping deals? Is that even possible? Whoever said that is a sexist asshole!

Then I looked at the data about sites where women strongly over-index:

RANK Site
1 People
2 AT&T Search
3 Horoscope.com
4 Target
5 MySpace.com
6 Kraft Foods
7 T-Mobile
8 AOL Search
9 Facebook
10 Sprint News
source: Nielsen

and now I feel like the idiot asshole. HOROSCOPE.COM? Who goes there?

No comments:

Post a Comment